Almost Saigonese often said that ” eat in District 5, lie in District 3 ” to describe that district 3 is the best neighborhood in Ho Chi Minh city. And District 3 had just reached the top 50 best neighborhoods in the world by The Time Out Magazine from the U.K. This ranking is based on a survey of 27,000 residents worldwide. Along with many other neighborhoods in the world, District 3 was honored at the 18th on the list. The Time Out describes that District 3 today more crowded and activities, however, it still retains many historical imprints. In here, visitors have opportunities to visit churches, colonial villas or ancient temples and some famous street food.
- Lifestyle in District 3 – The best neighborhood to live in Ho Chi Minh city.
- Where to eat ? – List of best restaurants in District 3.
- 1 – Gao Restaurant – Quiet and peaceful restaurant with Vietnamese dishes
- 2 – Hoi An Garden – The Eden garden in the heart of Saigon.
- 3 – Vuon Bien restaurant – The fusion place of Garden and Sea cuisine.
- 4 – Oc Chi Em – Fascinate your taste buds with delicacies from snails and seafood
- 5 – Maria Saigon – Beautiful like a pearl in the middle of the sea
- 6 – En Tea House & Restaurant – Discover the harmonious Dishes between Vietnamese and European souls
- 7 – Viet Pho Restaurant – Bring nature into luxurious and sophisticated architecture
- 8 – Que Nha Restaurant – Country painting in the heart of the city.
- 9 – Cao Thang Restaurant – Tasty seafood favor in an airy place.
- 10 – Hoa Giay Cafe & Restaurant – Full of emotion with the small corner of Hoi An ancient
- Places to go – Famous destination for visitors.
Lifestyle in District 3 – The best neighborhood to live in Ho Chi Minh city.
Riding a motorbike around the famous streets in District 3 and observing the life of people here in the early morning is also one of the interesting experiences if you first come to District 3. From 6 AM, not have many people infamously streets in the neighborhood. Visitors can experience the cool, airy feeling rare in the day of the ” never sleep city “.
Where to eat ? – List of best restaurants in District 3.
Besides the same street foods with other districts, District 3 has many famous restaurants suitable for every diner. With all kinds of cuisine, rich spatial architecture, garden restaurants still always receive the hearts of customers because of the spacious, green space, bringing a relaxed and relaxed feeling. With 10 of the best restaurants in District 3 so that you don’t have to search hard when you come here.
1 – Gao Restaurant – Quiet and peaceful restaurant with Vietnamese dishes
Gao restaurant has a menu with a variety of Vietnamese Dishes with special savors often with almost Saigonese Diners. Moreover, with luxurious and cozy space, it makes Diners feel the same at home when coming here. So quiet and peaceful garden space here will make you impressed at first sight.
- Price range: 280,000 – 300,000 VND / person.
- Address: 33 Le Quy Don street, ward 7, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
2 – Hoi An Garden – The Eden garden in the heart of Saigon.
You will lose in a paradise garden in the city center if you come to Hoi An Garden. You will be deposited moments of relaxation, listening to the very soft breathing of nature and scenery. And leaving behind the tired, stressed out, the restaurant is an ideal destination, a peaceful space that everyone is looking for.
- Price range: 250,000 – 350,000 VND / person.
- Address: 72/1 Tran Quoc Toan street, ward 8, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
3 – Vuon Bien restaurant – The fusion place of Garden and Sea cuisine.
Vuon Bien Restaurant owns a modern and youthful style, attracting diners by the space with very diverse and unique designs. When you come here, you can choose two different dining areas: airy garden or cold room designed according to the sea.
- Price range: 250,000 – 500,000 VND / person.
- Address: 64 – 68 Tran Quoc Thao street, ward 7, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
4 – Oc Chi Em – Fascinate your taste buds with delicacies from snails and seafood
The restaurant with spacious and airy space with a menu of dishes from snails and delicious seafood, becomes an often place for many Diners. How you feel when enjoying snails and drink beer with your colleagues in a rustic garden on the terrace? It’s imagine, right?
- Price range: 80,000 – 150,000 VND / person.
- Address: 6B Cong Truong Quoc Te street, ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
5 – Maria Saigon – Beautiful like a pearl in the middle of the sea
Maria Saigon located in the center of Saigon city center on Nguyen Dinh Chieu street. Maria Saigon known as one of the best seafood restaurants in the city for many years. Divided into two indoor and outdoor dining areas, you can completely choose the space according to your preferences.
- Price range: 300,000 – 330,000 VND / person.
- Address: 172 C, Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
6 – En Tea House & Restaurant – Discover the harmonious Dishes between Vietnamese and European souls
En Tea House & Restaurant has a peaceful and quiet appearance beside the busy and noisy city. Stepping in, diners will be surprised by the cool green eyes covering the space. Featuring modern cuisine, the interface between Asia and Europe, and the mix up between nature and the scenery here is a highlight that attracts many customers.
- Price range: 200,000 – 400,000 VND / person.
- Address: Ground floor – Robot tower, 308 Dien Bien Phu street, ward 4, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
7 – Viet Pho Restaurant – Bring nature into luxurious and sophisticated architecture
Viet Pho Restaurant space had designed with bold natural impression with bamboo rows and impressive small trees. Besides that, the VIP room space is also what makes diners excited, the elegance combined with the comfort to make an overall attractive that makes you extremely surprised.
- Price range: 400,000 – 1,000,000 VND / person.
- Address: 47 – 49 Le Quy Don street, ward 7, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
8 – Que Nha Restaurant – Country painting in the heart of the city.
Famous with a miniature home space, the restaurant makes anyone coming here irrepressibly moved by their simplicity and happiness. The simple wooden tables and chairs, the stylized reflectors from the fish cages, the bird cages, the bananas, … like you stray into a peaceful, warm memory.
- Price range: 200,000 – 350,000 VND / person.
- Address: 28 Pham Ngoc Thach street, ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
9 – Cao Thang Restaurant – Tasty seafood favor in an airy place.
No fussy in design, Cao Thang Restaurant welcomes guests to the space which is spacious, airy, polite and very close. This place also made in the hearts of customers by quality seafood menu such as: Squid with salt eggs, Crispy um melon fish, grilled sturgeon with chili salt, Hong Kong steamed grouper, grilled tiger shrimp with salt and chili, hotpot crab, … with a very nostalgic aftertaste.
- Price range: 200,000 – 350,000 VND / person.
- Address: 63 Cao Thang street, ward 3, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
10 – Hoa Giay Cafe & Restaurant – Full of emotion with the small corner of Hoi An ancient
Successfully recreating the small Hoi An town, Hoa Giay Cafe & Restaurant gives diners the familiar, very close feelings. In the middle of the rooftop full of light, you have a private, private sky corner for couples dating, or deep and passionate stories.
- Price range: 120,000 – 250,000 VND / person.
- Address: 19 Huynh Tinh Cua street, ward 8, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
Places to go – Famous destination for visitors.
1 – Tan Dinh Church or Pink Church located on Hai Ba Trung street, District 3.
The church started in 1870 and completed 6 years later. Despite many renovations, the original color is retained, because of the strange pink color, the church attracts many visitors. Many visitors come to Saigon do not believe that Vietnam has a Western architecture like this.
2 – Vinh Nghiem Pagoda on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street, District 3.
Vinh Nghiem Pagoda is a perennial temple that attracts numerous pilgrims on special occasions. Come here, you will admire the elaborate towers, including Quan The Am Tower, Xa Loi Tower and Vinh Nghiem Tower. The temple is also crowded on holidays and full moon days.
3 – Turtle Lake on Cong Truong Quoc Te street, District 3.
Turtle Lake is a lake on the crossroads of 3 famous streets in District 3, Vo Van Tan, Tran Cao Van and Pham Ngoc Thach. We didn’t know exactly when it built-up, but nowadays it is one of the most active places in the food from morning to night, with lots of cafes and restaurants around. Many visitors choose it to explore for the first time in Saigon.
District 3 also has many more destinations, lifestyle, cuisine and culture to you explored by yourself!